Hiding Formulas, Info Boxes

  1. #1

    Hiding Formulas, Info Boxes

    Hello folks! It's Aaron the son of Ron is Da Haus. I have a question for all you Excel saavy moguls out there. So hold on to your pants!

    First off:
    I am dealing with a spreadsheet that has formulas hidden. That is, there is a cell that obviously is controlled by a formula, but when you select it, the formula that is controlling it is not there. Any idea why this is?

    Aslo, how do you get those neat info boxes to pop up? Ya know. The ones that contain error messages if you make a mistake. Or the ones that pop up when you select a cell. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

    Aaron the son of Ron

  2. #2
    MarkN
    Guest

    RE: Hiding Formulas, Info Boxes

    Try http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html for information on data
    validation and how to create the pop up boxes.

    To see the formulas:
    Select Tools|Protection|Unprotect Sheet.
    Select the cells with the formulas.
    From the Format menu, select Cells.
    Click on the protection tab and take the tick out of Hidden.

    --
    hope this helps,
    MarkN