how to extract unique numbers once from a list of repeated numbers?

  1. #1

    how to extract unique numbers once from a list of repeated numbers?

    Hi,

    I have an Excel question. I have a column of repeated numbers with no
    pattern in terms of how many times a number shows up.

    It always goes in this fashion: a shown number will only repeat after
    itself or it won't repeat at all (e.g., 579 will only repeat after 579,
    otherwise it won't repeat at all).

    How do I extract the unique numbers from this column in a separate
    column, such that the answer is:

    Thank you,
    Stuart

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: how to extract unique numbers once from a list of repeated numbers?

    Hi Stuart

    You can use Advancedfilter
    http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html#FilterUR

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  3. #3
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: how to extract unique numbers once from a list of repeated numbers

    If this is something you have to do frequently, I would recommend Jim Cone's
    fine commercial Add-in called XL Companion. It's available at ...

    http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware/

    hth
    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3