=SUM(Sheet2:Sheet9!IV65536)-meaning of equation?

  1. #1
    djc
    Guest

    =SUM(Sheet2:Sheet9!IV65536)-meaning of equation?

    I am trying to add the value of the last cell in the last column across
    several worksheets. Can anyone explain what I can look up to learn this?
    Thank you

  2. #2
    Toppers
    Guest

    RE: =SUM(Sheet2:Sheet9!IV65536)-meaning of equation?

    This will add the value in IV66636 for worksheets Sheet2 to Sheet9 inclusive.

    HTH

  3. #3
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: =SUM(Sheet2:Sheet9!IV65536)-meaning of equation?

    My guess is that you have to use a formula on each sheet that will find the
    last cell

    =LOOKUP(9.99999999999999E+307,IV:IV)

    will return what's in the last cell if numeric, then if you link to that on
    each sheet in let's say A1 SO A1 holds that formula then you can use

    =SUM(Sheet1:Sheet9!A1)

    Peo Sjoblom

    http://nwexcelsolutions.com

    news:[email protected]...