2 different INDIRECT data validation lists from one

  1. #1
    Michael
    Guest

    2 different INDIRECT data validation lists from one

    Is there a way to get 2 different INDIRECT data validation lists from one
    main validation?

    ie. cell A1 has a data validation list of silver,gold,red,blue.

    If cell A1 is "silver", I want an INDIRECT data validation list with
    1,2,3,4,5 in cell B1

    If cell A1 is "silver", I want an INDIRECT data validation with
    Mats,Owen,Joe,Alex,Ed in C1.

    Thanks,

    Joe

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: 2 different INDIRECT data validation lists from one

    Hi!

    See this:

    http://contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Michael
    Guest

    Re: 2 different INDIRECT data validation lists from one

    I'm not sure if i'm misreading the instruction on the webpage, but i can't
    seem to get it to work. I have two different cells (c1 and c2) with their
    own unique list that depends strictly on a third cell ( a1).

    a1 has these choices: red, white, and blue.

    If red is chosen, then we we'll get for cell c1 (david, joe, or bob) and c2
    ( california, nevada, or new york).

    if color white is chosen, then we'll get for cell c1 (john, michael) and c2
    (montana, oregon, or taxes).

    etc...

  4. #4
    Paul Lautman

    Take a look at http://www.sunnyacres.co.uk/validationlists.xls

  5. #5
    Michael
    Guest

    Re: 2 different INDIRECT data validation lists from one

    Paul,

    Thanks for your example! I finally see how it works now! And thanks
    everyone who put in to help.