How can I create a master spreadsheet from different workbooks

  1. #1
    Dawn Williams
    Guest

    How can I create a master spreadsheet from different workbooks

    I have a spreadsheet containing 12 worksheets. The worksheets have several
    columns of information against a record which has a unique staff number.

    e.g. Worksheet (Month 1)

    ID No Amount Amount Amount

    I would like to create a master spreadsheet which contains each unquie ID
    number against each month's information. E.g.

    Month 1
    Month 2
    ID No Amount1 Amount2 Amount3 Amount1 Amount2 Amount3

    Is there anyway I can pull the information against each ID number onto one
    sheet (as above). I cannot copy and paste from one to another because I have
    leavers and joiners so they don't always match up.

    I would be gratefuly for any help. Many thanks

    Dawn

  2. #2
    PY & Associates
    Guest

    Re: How can I create a master spreadsheet from different workbooks

    Without resorting to VBA, we suggest:

    sort each sheet by ID;
    copy ID column only of all 12 sheets;
    inspect the 12 columns, insert blank cells to line up ID across rows;
    insert equal number of rows as cells in relevant sheets;
    now copy as you wished

    news:[email protected]...