excel/ powerpoint2003

  1. #1
    princessdoll1971
    Guest

    excel/ powerpoint2003

    well i dowload powerpoint and excel but when i go to it it wont open up all
    it does is open up a box that has file named---------- file of type but when
    i put in a file named it says it the wrong file named.. so i dont know how to
    open it up ... thanks

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: excel/ powerpoint2003

    None of this makes much sense.

    How did you "download" powerpoint and excel?

    From where?

    Do you have a CD with Microsoft Office for installing on your computer?

    Post back with more details and more clarity.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  3. #3
    australia

    Formulas Absolute lost

    Hi all,

    Okay i have 3 questions don't now the lot, story of my life.Anyway

    1) What does the below mean
    =INDEX (C86:N68,REPORTPERIOD-1)

    2) Was wondering is there a way i can produce the below Formula a smarter better way?

    =SUMIF('Major Projects'!$A$13:$A$24,'Fin. Perf. (Capex Resp)'!$B53,'Major Projects'!T$13:T$24)+SUMIF('Major Projects (2)'!$A$13:$A$27,'Fin. Perf. (Capex Resp)'!$B53,'Major Projects (2)'!T$13:T$27)

    3) What does the + mean in front of =
    Eg: i have a formula that has =+

    Would appreciate any help hope i explained it okay, have a great day.
    Cheers
    Will
    Last edited by william4444; 05-07-2006 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Can this be but in Excel New User (Formulas) Please

  4. #4
    Ardus Petus
    Guest

    Re: excel/ powerpoint2003

    1)
    Returns line #REPORTPERIOD-1 from horizontal array C:86:N86.
    Probably returns an error .
    If you want nth column from array, enter:
    =INDEX (C86:N68,1,REPORTPERIOD-1)

    2) Your formula is OK. I see no way to improve it

    3) the + sign is quite useless, but produces no harm.
    Probably an old habit of some Lotus 123 user

    AP

    [email protected]...

  5. #5
    Ragdyer
    Guest

    Re: excel/ powerpoint2003

    I'm assuming that there's a typo in the Index() formula.
    The range is probably C86 to N86.

    Then, the formula is to choose one of the 12 cells in the range C86:N86,
    dependent on the value of "REPORTPERIOD" minus 1, and return the value in
    that cell.

    ReportPeriod can be a "named" cell, or even a "named" formula.

    Try:
    <Insert> <Name> <Define>
    And see if there's anything with that name in the box.
    Click on the name and see what displays in the 'Refers To' box.

    As to the SumIf() formula:
    Since you are referencing 2 different size ranges on 2 different sheets, any
    changes would be cosmetic.

    As to the =+,
    It's a holdover from a ex-Lotus user, where formulas in Lotus start with a +
    sign, instead of a = sign in XL.
    It can be eliminated.
    --
    HTH,