Light grey grid-lines

  1. #1
    Jim May
    Guest

    Light grey grid-lines

    My boss has come to me asking how can he get rid on several cells of a report
    he's preparing that have small grey grid-lines/borders, not sure which
    |______| << this is the look of them (3 sided types).. I've tryed several
    things but can't clear them.
    Can anyone suggest another "trick"?
    TIA,

  2. #2
    Keith
    Guest

    RE: Light grey grid-lines

    If the small grey grid lines show up on the screen only and not on the
    printed version (with gridlines unchecked in the page setup under "sheet"
    tab") and he is wanting to have the screen not show those gridlines, he could
    "fill" the cell with white and the grey gridlines won't show on the screen
    anymore. Hope this helps.

  3. #3
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: Light grey grid-lines

    Jim, try selecting the cells and format, cells, borders, select none, ok
    --
    Paul B
    Using Excel 2002 & 2003

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Jim May
    Guest

    Re: Light grey grid-lines

    Thanks Paul, but this is one of things I tried before writing in...
    If I take a "good" cell (without the lines) click on it , use the
    Format painter, and paint over such cells |____| WITH Values
    in it - the lines disappear. !!!, but if I do the same with a cell
    whose value (by formula) is 0, the lines disappear, but a "-"
    appears in that cell (Again something my boss doesn't want to see)..
    Thanks,