Why doesn't the automatic fill feature work in excel?

  1. #1
    JenniferO
    Guest

    Why doesn't the automatic fill feature work in excel?

    When I start typing text into a cell, isn't excel supposed to automatically
    fill the cell with the completed word or phrase it it's already been used in
    the same column?
    This seems to only work sporadically for me. Has anyone else had this
    problem?

  2. #2
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: Why doesn't the automatic fill feature work in excel?

    Jennifer, do you have any blank cells between your data?
    --
    Paul B
    Using Excel 2002 & 2003

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    JenniferO
    Guest

    Re: Why doesn't the automatic fill feature work in excel?

    Yes, there are blank cells in the column.

  4. #4
    Paul B
    Guest

    Re: Why doesn't the automatic fill feature work in excel?

    Jennifer, autofill will only work up to the blank cells

  5. #5
    JenniferO
    Guest

    Re: Why doesn't the automatic fill feature work in excel?

    Paul, Never would have guessed that. Thanks for the information!