I think this should be pretty simple...

  1. #1
    Levi
    Guest

    I think this should be pretty simple...

    I am new to excel and I need some help. I have seen it done before where you
    can "relate" 2 cells together, but still keeping them in their own respective
    cells. My problem is this, I have a column of scores and a coulmn of names. I
    would like to be able to type in a score and have the name appear next to it
    automatically by means of some formula. Is this a complicated as I am making
    it? I have used many functions but still cannot find a remedy to typing in
    each name by hand. I would like the list to have the capability to grow also,
    so I could enter more names and scores..I appreciate your time taken to read
    and respond to this.
    Thank You a thousand times over.

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: I think this should be pretty simple...

    have a look in the help index for LOOKUP and VLOOKUP

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Michael M
    Guest

    RE: I think this should be pretty simple...

    Hi Levi
    If name is in A1 and number is in B1
    Try this in C1:

    =A1&B1