How to move highlighted cell to a new column

  1. #1

    How to move highlighted cell to a new column

    I got a huge database of fruit related terms such as :

    apple
    apple pie
    apple ipod
    apple computer
    banana milkshake
    kiwi
    kiwi map
    kiwi maple syrup
    orange juice
    orange mobile

    .... etc.

    I want to filter out all the non edibles such as ipod, computer and
    mobile.

    I used conditional formatting to highlight all the non-edibles at the
    moment, and terms such as ipod, computer, mobile, map and maple syrup
    were highlighted.

    However the kiwi maple syrup is edible, and i dont want it to be
    highlighted. But you cant manually check every cell if you got like
    10000 rows (just an example).

    Is there a way to copy all the highlighted keywords to a new column so
    that it will be easier to check again? or is there a way to just
    automatically copy all the cells (with the keyword)to a new column?

    Thanks.

  2. #2

    Re: How to move highlighted cell to a new column

    Conditional formatting looks pretty, but it doesn't help much when you want to
    manipulate the data.

    I'd insert another column and use it as an indicator (Y or N)

    Then with some sorting/filtering (like Contains IPOD), it might be able to mark
    lots of cells at once.