how do i print a form from excel data

  1. #1
    ineedhelpbadly
    Guest

    how do i print a form from excel data

    i have a list of drivers the runs they are on plus some more details using
    excel
    i want to print a paper form for the drivers to fill in when they return to
    depot
    using the data from excel. it has to me printed on each form the drivers
    name route ect how can i do this it will save many hours coz there are 100
    driver and each document is being hand written at the moment

  2. #2
    Miguel Zapico
    Guest

    RE: how do i print a form from excel data

    I would approach this in two steps, first design the form in a worksheet of
    the same workbook and make the contents change with the value of a single
    cell, and later try to automate the printing process.
    I will focus only on the first part, and I will suppose that the drivers
    information is a tabular form, with rows starting in A2, and information in
    various columns. Let's say that the sheet name is "Drivers"
    The steps I would follow are:
    1. Desing a blank template in a separate worksheet in the same workbook,
    with places for the information.
    2. Choose a cell in that template that will have a row number, for example B1
    3. For each needed information, locate the column in the Drivers sheet, and
    use the INDIRECT formula in the template. For example, if the driver name is
    column C use the following formula in the Driver Name cell in the template:
    =INDIRECT("Drivers!C" & $B$1)
    4. Repeat for each required field

    If the suppositions were applicable, what you will have is a single template
    that will be linked to your data origin, one template at a time. You can
    change the value in one cell and all the data in the template will change.
    This should save some time when you print 100 different forms.

    The second part would be the full automatization of the process, but if you
    are not comfortable with VBA I wouldn't recommend it.

    Hope this helps,
    Miguel.