Closed Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Can excel calculate a loan payment with a balloon at the end?

  1. #1
    Darren @ Vermeer
    Guest

    Can excel calculate a loan payment with a balloon at the end?

    Im trying to use excel to calculate a loan payment under the flowing
    parameters; some number of equal consecutive monthly payments followed by a
    residual or balloon due at the end of the term. Will excel do this and if
    so how?

  2. #2
    Fred Smith
    Guest

    Re: Can excel calculate a loan payment with a balloon at the end?

    Yes it will. Use the PMT function, as in:

    =pmt(intrate/12,years*12,loan,-balloon)

    Fred

    "Darren @ Vermeer" <Darren @ [email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > I'm trying to use excel to calculate a loan payment under the flowing
    > parameters; some number of equal consecutive monthly payments followed by a
    > residual or "balloon" due at the end of the term. Will excel do this and if
    > so how?

Closed Thread