programs take a long time to display

  1. #1
    adoremus
    Guest

    programs take a long time to display

    I am using Microsoft Office SBE 2003 with SP2.

    When I click on an excel worksheet on my desktop, it takes 20 -40 seconds to
    open.

    I have cleared the cache and temporary internet files and history.
    I have gone into Norton Systemworks 2004 and disabled the "auto-protect
    Microsoft documents".

    What should I do?

  2. #2
    garfield-n-odie [MVP]
    Guest

    Re: programs take a long time to display

    Don't disable Norton's autoprotect feature. Instead, disable
    Norton's office plugin feature as described at
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329820 "How to use Office
    programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in".