Leave Cell Blank if value is an error, below 0 or above 80

  1. #1
    SteveC
    Guest

    Leave Cell Blank if value is an error, below 0 or above 80

    Ok, I have this formula with 3 nested if statements, referencing another part
    of the worksheet so I can toggle between -1 and 85, let's say.

    No need to reprint the exact formula, it's a generic nested if formula. If
    the value returned by the formula is above 80 or below 0, or returns an
    error, it leaves the cell blank.

    It's an ugly nested if formula. Wondering if there is a better way?

    Thanks...

  2. #2
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: Leave Cell Blank if value is an error, below 0 or above 80

    Hi Steve
    =IF(OR(A1<0,A1>85),"Error",""))

    --
    Regards

    Roger Govier

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    SteveC
    Guest

    Re: Leave Cell Blank if value is an error, below 0 or above 80

    Roger thanks... how do I use your formula in this context:

    =IF(ISERROR(G30/H30),"",IF((G30/H30)>85,"",IF((G30/H30)<0,"",G30/H30)))

    where G30/H30 is the formula that should return a blank cell if an error,
    above 85 or below 0? The above formula works, but curious how to use your OR
    formula instead?

    Thanks a lot!

    SteveC

  4. #4
    David Biddulph
    Guest

    Re: Leave Cell Blank if value is an error, below 0 or above 80

    "SteveC" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Roger Govier" wrote:
    >> "SteveC" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >> news:[email protected]...
    >> > Ok, I have this formula with 3 nested if statements, referencing
    >> > another part
    >> > of the worksheet so I can toggle between -1 and 85, let's say.
    >> >
    >> > No need to reprint the exact formula, it's a generic nested if
    >> > formula. If
    >> > the value returned by the formula is above 80 or below 0, or returns
    >> > an
    >> > error, it leaves the cell blank.
    >> >
    >> > It's an ugly nested if formula. Wondering if there is a better way?
    >> >
    >> > Thanks...

    >> Hi Steve
    >> =IF(OR(A1<0,A1>85),"Error",""))

    > Roger thanks... how do I use your formula in this context:
    >
    > =IF(ISERROR(G30/H30),"",IF((G30/H30)>85,"",IF((G30/H30)<0,"",G30/H30)))
    >
    > where G30/H30 is the formula that should return a blank cell if an error,
    > above 85 or below 0? The above formula works, but curious how to use your
    > OR
    > formula instead?

    You could try
    =IF(ISERROR(G30/H30),"",IF(OR(G30/H30<0,G30/H30>85),"",G30/H30))
    [... but unfortunately
    =IF(OR(ISERROR(G30/H30),G30/H30<0,G30/H30>85),"",G30/H30) doesn't work].
    --
    David Biddulph

  5. #5
    SteveC
    Guest

    Re: Leave Cell Blank if value is an error, below 0 or above 80

    Roger and David, Thank you!