How do I merge 2 columns of numerical data?

  1. #1
    Callum
    Guest

    How do I merge 2 columns of numerical data?

    In column A I have the time in hh:mm:ss (13:36:05) format, in column B I have
    the millisecond value (0.256). I have 3000 rows of data in this format and I
    want to combine the columns into one column of format hh:mm:ss.000
    (13:36:05.256)

    how do I do this? I've tried "concatenate" but I think this only works with
    text (does it?)

    Can anyone help me?

    Thanks in advance, this is proving a real head-ache for me.

    Callum.

  2. #2
    Daniel CHEN
    Guest

    Re: How do I merge 2 columns of numerical data?

    In column C, type formula:
    =A1+B1/24/60/60
    and then format it as:
    hh:mm:ss.000