Transferring Data Between Sheets

  1. #1
    Neil M
    Guest

    Transferring Data Between Sheets

    Okay lets say you have a workbook with multiple worksheets. On sheet 1, cell
    A1 you have a cell that is for "sling load" it is a number. However, you
    calculate this number by using a series of formulas on sheet 2. There are
    multiple cells involved in calculating the sling load with the final result
    in one of 6 cells on sheet 2.

    Therefore I cannot simply use A1 = sheet 2(cell) because it could be one of
    many.

    Now, on sheet 2 you have 6 lifting arrangements to choose from to calculate
    your sling load. Each arrangment uses multiple formulas to end up with a
    final total load in one cell.

    Is there a way to use some kind of button to where if the user of the
    worksheet clicks the button it will automatically transfer/copy that number
    to the desired cell on sheet 1?

    Thanks,
    Neil

  2. #2
    Dave O
    Guest

    Re: Transferring Data Between Sheets

    To summarize: sheet2 contains a number of formulas, one of which
    performs the proper calculation to determine the sling load. Sheet1
    cell A1 needs to display the result of the proper formula from sheet2.
    Do I have that right?

    If so, you might set up a new column on sheet2 with a header "Correct
    sling load calc" such that the new column is right next to the output
    of the 6 formulas. Then enter an X next to the correct formula, and
    set up Sheet1!A1 as a VLOOKUP formula that returns a value from sheet2
    if there is an X next to it.

    Is that feasible, or even in the right ballpark?

  3. #3
    docexcel
    Guest

    RE: Transferring Data Between Sheets

    Is it always one of the six numbers on sheet 2, if so, how do you determine
    which one of the six to bring over to sheet 1?

  5. #5
    docexcel

  7. #7
    docexcel

  8. #8
    Neil M
    Guest

    Re: Transferring Data Between Sheets

    Dave is right on assumption.
    The problem is that the formulas would only be one of the 6 choices and they
    are scattered throughout the sheet due inserted diagrams to assist in
    calculations. I could set up a column outside the print area where I could
    placed 6 cellseach equaling one of the formulas and then do a vlookup maybe.
    Let me play around with it a little

  9. #9
    Dave O
    Guest

    Re: Transferring Data Between Sheets

    This would be a manual effort, but may lead to a better idea. For each
    of the 6 output cells on sheet 2, apply a named range. In Sheet1!A1,
    type in the named range of the applicable formula. Maybe?