How can I create a list of random numbers with no duplicates?

  1. #1
    Kwasniewski
    Guest

    How can I create a list of random numbers with no duplicates?

    Anyone know how to generate a list of random numbers (I've been using
    =RANDBETWEEN (X,Y) ) that does not include any duplicates?

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: How can I create a list of random numbers with no duplicates?

    http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/randint.html

    Peo Sjoblom

    Excel 95 - Excel 2007
    Northwest Excel Solutions
    www.nwexcelsolutions.com
    if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Ragdyer
    Guest

    Re: How can I create a list of random numbers with no duplicates?

    If you wish, you can create a random, without replacement list, without
    sorting or using code.

    In an out-of-the-way area of your sheet, say Column Z, enter the Rand()
    function as far down as the amount of numbers you wish to draw from.

    If 50 numbers, 1 to 50, enter
    =RAND()
    in Z1, and copy down to Z50.

    Enter this formula, and copy down as many rows as you would want random
    numbers to display:

    =INDEX(ROW($1:$50),RANK(Z1,$Z$1:$Z$50))

    Now, a *new* set of random numbers will display with each hit of <F9>.

    Also, to change the numbers to draw from, just change the row numbers,
    keeping in mind that you choose a set of 50.

    For 101 to 150, use:

    =INDEX(ROW($101:$150),RANK(Z1,$Z$1:$Z$50))
    --
    HTH,

    RD