process:Automation Error

  1. #1
    xlEnt
    Guest

    process:Automation Error

    I have a process which generates Excel reports and formats them (well
    when it works it will). All goes well until i get to the following bit
    of code

    With xlObj.worksheets(1).cells(1, 1)
    .Copy
    .PasteSpecial PASTE:=xlValues, Operation:=xlNone,
    SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=False
    .Font.size = 14
    .Font.ColorIndex = 5
    .Font.Bold = True
    End With

    at which point I get Automation Error. The server threw an exception.

    Any Ideas on what this means and how to overcome it?

    --
    xlEnt

  2. #2
    Jim Rech
    Guest

    re: process:Automation Error

    You'd want to have dots starting every line of code:

    ..Copy
    etc.

    --
    Jim
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    xlEnt

    Jim Rech Wrote:
    > You'd want to have dots starting every line of code:
    >
    > ..Copy
    > etc.
    >
    > --
    > Jim
    > "xlEnt" [email protected] wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > |
    > | I have a process which generates Excel reports and formats them
    > (well
    > | when it works it will). All goes well until i get to the following
    > bit
    > | of code
    > |
    > | With xlObj.worksheets(1).cells(1, 1)
    > | Copy
    > | PasteSpecial PASTE:=xlValues, Operation:=xlNone,
    > | SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=False
    > | Font.size = 14
    > | Font.ColorIndex = 5
    > | Font.Bold = True
    > | End With
    > |
    > | at which point I get Automation Error. The server threw an
    > exception.
    > |
    > | Any Ideas on what this means and how to overcome it?
    > |

    > | --
    > | xlEnt

    That's really odd. . . . the dots rae there in the code but diudn't
    survive the quote process in your reply

    --
    xlEnt