Populate cell with letters from other cells

  1. #1

    Populate cell with letters from other cells

    What formula can I use to get the answer shown in cells G1:G4? Each row contains a set of cells with letters that must be combined into the G cell.
    The right most cell will become the first letter of the work in the G cell and the other letters will be added to form a name. see attached example.

    thanks for any help
    Rudy
    Attached Files Attached Files

  2. #2
    Dave O
    Guest

    Re: Populate cell with letters from other cells

    I wasn't able to download the pdf. Can you post the example ?

  3. #3
    Ardus Petus
    Guest

    Re: Populate cell with letters from other cells

    You must open the thread, then click on attachment

    AP

    [email protected]...

  4. #4
    Ardus Petus
    Guest

    Re: Populate cell with letters from other cells

    =OFFSET($A1,0,COUNTA($A1:$F1)-1)&IF(COUNTA($A1:F1)>1,$A1,"")&IF(COUNTA($A1:F1)>2,$B1,"")&IF(COUNTA($A1:$F1)>3,$C1,"")&IF(COUNTA($A1:$F1)>4,$D1,"")&IF(COUNTA($A1:$F1)>5,$E1,"")

    HTH,
    --
    AP