Filters

  1. #1
    Kathy
    Guest

    Filters

    Is there a quicker way to reset filters then clicking on Data - filter -
    show all?
    Can I assign a cell to work as a "reset button"? If so how?

  2. #2

    Re: Filters

    I've dragged the ShowAll icon to my favorite toolbar.

    Tools|Customize|commands tab|data category
    scroll down looking for "Show All" and drag it to your toolbar.

  3. #3
    Miguel Zapico
    Guest

    RE: Filters

    You can use the drop down in the header field, but maybe this is not quicker
    that the one you use.
    Other option is customize the toolbars, adding the "Show all" button there
    (Tools -> Customize -> Commands -> Select data in categories -> Drag & drop
    "Show all" to the toolbar)

    Hope this helps,
    Miguel.

  4. #4
    Kathy
    Guest

    Re: Filters

    Thank you for your replies. The problem I have is other users using the
    spreadsheet do not have the "Show All" button on their toolbars so I was
    trying to create on in the spreadsheet. After playing for a while I found
    you can insert an object such as a square to look like a button and attach a
    macro to it to make the filter reset. It works great until you click the
    button a second time an error 1004 comes up - any suggestions?

  5. #5

    Re: Filters

    You can have your macro check first:

    Option Explicit
    Sub testme()
    With ActiveSheet
    If .FilterMode Then
    .ShowAllData
    End If
    End With
    End Sub

    There are actual buttons on the Forms toolbar (view|toolbars|forms) that you can
    use, too.

  6. #6
    Kathy
    Guest

    Re: Filters

    Thanks Dave - I am not good at writing Macros - I usually record them.
    Something I would like to learn but I typed in what you wrote below and I get
    a compile error - Invalid inside procedure - any suggestions what I am going
    wrong?

  7. #7

    Re: Filters

    This is procedure all its own. It doesn't go inside the existing code--it
    replaces it.

    Well, that is if your existing code doesn't do anything else.

    You may want to just copy the guts of the code and place it into your procedure:

    This is the guts (ewww!):

    With ActiveSheet
    If .FilterMode Then
    .ShowAllData