Adding worksheet tab names to the first worksheet

  1. #1
    adam
    Guest

    Adding worksheet tab names to the first worksheet

    Hello, I am trying to figure how to automatically add a new worksheet tab
    name to the first worksheet. For example, when I create a new worksheet, I
    will change the tab name to something like 2500 and so on. I want the name
    of that tab, when created, automatically added to the for worksheet which is
    like a log of all the 2500 names. I also want, next a specific function to
    be done automatically next to the name of the sheet, based on a number on
    that new sheet.

    thanks
    adam

  2. #2
    Jim Cone
    Guest

    Re: Adding worksheet tab names to the first worksheet

    You could try the free Excel add-in "Excel Extras".
    It will create a Table of Contents of all sheets in the workbook.
    Each sheet name is hyperlinked to the sheet.
    If you add a sheet then just run the program again (from an item on the Insert menu).
    It does other stuff too. Comes with an install/use Word.doc file.
    Download from... http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware
    --
    Jim Cone
    San Francisco, USA