formula for non-sequential columns

  1. #1

    formula for non-sequential columns

    I've got data in columns separated by two other columns. I wish to
    create a formula in another column that will include the data from
    these two non-sequential columns. How do I do this?

    Ex: data are found in columns G(rows 1) and J(rows1) and would like to
    create formula which lists such data in column S in the following
    order: info from column G, row 1 then info from column J, row 1.

    Thank you for any assistance. I've pulled out most of what hair I've
    got left over this.

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Ohio, USA
    in column "S"

    =G1 & J1

  3. #3
    Pete_UK
    Guest

    Re: formula for non-sequential columns

    I think this is what you want - enter this formula in S1:

    =G1&", "&J1

    This will put a comma and a space between the two items.

    Hope this helps.

    Pete

  4. #4

    Re: formula for non-sequential columns

    i apologize for the error. i meant to indicate that I wish the info
    from the two columns to be included in column S accordingly:

    info from column G, row 1 to be inserted in column S, row 1; and info
    from column G, row 1 to be inserted in column S, row 2.

    thanks again.

  5. #5
    Pete_UK
    Guest

    Re: formula for non-sequential columns

    Ok, enter these formulae in the cells shown (I think you have a typo):

    S1 =G1
    S2 =J1

    Hope this helps.

    Pete