problem with csv

  1. #1
    Angelo Parente
    Guest

    problem with csv

    HI
    When I have my regional settings at Canada (French) and I open a CSV file it
    does not
    See the commas as column separators
    So when you open your document it is all in one cell
    But if I set myself to English (Canada) it opens like it should at each
    comma it’s a new column

    Does any know how to fix this please help?

    Angelo

  2. #2
    Pete_UK
    Guest

    Re: problem with csv

    Presumably you want to have the settings at Canada (French)? If you
    can't find a way to change the default list separator, then you could
    always use Data | Text-to-columns with comma as the separator and parse
    your file into columns that way.

    Hope this helps.

    Pete

  3. #3
    Angelo Parente
    Guest

    Re: problem with csv

    hi pete
    thanks for the info
    but i tried it and i would have to do that for each document
    do you have something that would work permenant

    Thanks
    Angelo

  4. #4
    Pete_UK
    Guest

    Re: problem with csv

    You could record a macro while you do it once and store the macro in
    personal.xls so that you can use it whenever you need to for other .csv
    files.

    Hope this helps.

    Pete