Multiple copies of a template worksheet in one file

  1. #1
    BillD
    Guest

    Multiple copies of a template worksheet in one file

    I am trying to analyze multiple variations of loan amortizations and am using
    the loan amortization template found on Microsoft's site. What I'd like to
    do is make multiple copies of this template sheet within the same workbook.
    When I do this, however, the newly created worksheet looks identical but
    won't calculate. What am I missing?

  2. #2
    Miguel Zapico
    Guest

    RE: Multiple copies of a template worksheet in one file

    The loan template uses a lot of names (for me, it is a great example on how
    to use them effectively), and when you copy the worksheet the names are
    duplicated, so they may not behave as expected (I haven't traced down to
    which ones are not working properly).
    In this case, I would recommend to use it as it comes, with one workbook for
    each scenario.

    Hope this helps,
    Miguel.

  3. #3
    BillD
    Guest

    RE: Multiple copies of a template worksheet in one file

    Miguel,
    Thanks for taking the time to reply. I figured it out. For everyone's
    edification, here's what I did:

    1. Make sure the template you want to use is saved as a template in the
    templates folder, and not a normal workbook in your normal "MY Docs" folder.
    (Duh, I know, but I didn't do this at first)

    2. Open a new workbook that you want to insert all your new template sheets
    into.

    3. Right click on the worksheet tab at the bottom of the page and select
    "Insert". Your templates will come up, and you can insert away!

    Thanks,

    Bill