Hide a row based on a cel value

  1. #1
    guillaume
    Guest

    Hide a row based on a cel value

    Hi,

    I am looking for a scirpt or function that would allow to hide a row based
    on a cel value. I looked at some sample macros but not knowledgeable enough
    to customize those macros and therefore get an error message. Thanks for any
    advise:

    I am creating a small project status report. Each row is an action item. As
    follow:

    # Area Task Action Item Owner %Complete
    1 Tech Specs Review specs AL 50%
    2 Tech Specs Complete p.4 BH <25%

    ....etc

    The %Complete column uses a vailidation list with %100, 50%, <25% values.
    All I need is an automatic functions that hides for each a row (=an action
    item) if the %complete value is equal to %100.

    I am not a macro expert, so I tried some other technics using functions but
    unsucessfully.

    thanks in advance for any advise.

    Sincerly,

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Hide a row based on a cel value

    > I am not a macro expert, so I tried some other technics using functions but
    > unsucessfully.

    You can use this Add-in if you want
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm

    Or do you want a macro ?

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  3. #3
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Hide a row based on a cel value

    Here is one I did for someone on another group today.

    Sub HideRowsPrint()
    vlr = Cells(Rows.Count, "d").End(xlUp).Row
    With Range(Cells(13, "D"), Cells(vlr, "D"))
    .AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="<>0"
    ActiveSheet.PrintPreview
    .AutoFilter
    End With
    End Sub

    modified
    Sub HideRowsPrint()
    vlr = Cells(Rows.Count, "e").End(xlUp).Row
    With Range(Cells(1, "e"), Cells(vlr, "e"))
    .AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="1"
    End With

    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    [email protected]

  4. #4
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: Hide a row based on a cel value

    Let's say that row 1 has "# Area Task ....)
    That the first record is in row 2 using cells A2:
    Use a helper column;
    In G1 enter the text Show
    In G2 enter =IF(F2=100%,"N", "Y") and copy down the column by double
    clicking G2's fill handle (little solid square in lower right of active
    cell)
    Now you have Y's and N's
    Select all the data including top row and helper column; Use Data:Filter:
    AutoFilter
    Now you can have rows with only Y in the SHOW column visible
    best wishes
    --
    Bernard V Liengme
    www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

  5. #5
    guillaume
    Guest

    Re: Hide a row based on a cel value

    THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP ! I decided to use the help colum technic....easy
    to use.

    One recitifcation on the forumla, it should be: =IF(F2="100%","N", "Y") as
    I stored percentage in text in order to allow ranges like: <50% or 70%-85%.

    thanks a lot !

  6. #6
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Hide a row based on a cel value

    The helper column is just not needed. Just use data>filter>autofilter>
    <>100%

    or this macro

    Sub HideRowsPrint()
    vlr = Cells(Rows.Count, "e").End(xlUp).Row
    With Range(Cells(1, "e"), Cells(vlr, "e"))
    .AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="<>100%"
    End With

    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    [email protected]