Retrieve a number value from a word

  1. #1

    Retrieve a number value from a word

    Hi guys,
    I am biuding up a table where at thetop of the columns there are a number of questions and per every row there are 2 possible answers (yes/no) through the data validation feature. I would like to assign a number to the answer depending on the yes/no choice and the type of question (difficulut/easy) to perform then calculations with this numbers.
    How could I match the answer with the appropriate number?
    Thanks
    the dude

  2. #2
    Abode
    Guest

    RE: Retrieve a number value from a word

    It would be helpful if you gave us a description of what you would like to
    see. That was it is easier to understand what you will be working with and
    what dirrection you want to go.

  3. #3
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Retrieve a number value from a word

    =COUNTIF(Range,"Yes")*number_assigned_to_yes

    Peo Sjoblom

    http://nwexcelsolutions.com

    "the dude" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Yes, you are right.
    I'm building a sheet in where I want to store data about some web-sites we surf in the net and could be interest for my company. So I insert a serie of characteristic of the web-site in the colums (like, url, shopping cart presence, multiple languages presence, etc.) and in the rows a yes/no choice or other evaluations. So people surf in internet and when they find an interesting website they insert the info required to fill thi sheet. But then for every answer I would like to assign a number (like yes=1 and no=2 or bad=1, good=2 and great=3) and see this number stored in another sheet where then I can perform calculations.
    Thanks for your time!
    The dude

  5. #5

    Unhappy any idea???

    Any idea anybody???????

  6. #6
    Abode
    Guest

    Re: Retrieve a number value from a word

    I hate how the date on the side of these posts dont always update to the
    latest reply. I am personally having a lot of difficulty knowing what you
    want. Perhaps an example of what you would like to see. Make a small
    example on here and maybe it will give us a little more clue as to how we can
    help.