Error Checking

  1. #1

    Error Checking

    Hi,

    I have a UDF of the form =quality(inputs....). If the conditions are valid, it will return a number between 0 to 1. The way that the UDF works is if the result is less than 0 or greater than 1, it returns #VALUE! which is fine. If this happens, then I would like to be able to assign that cell to be equal to 0. I tried an IF statement but am missing the keyword to recognize the #VALUE!. My IF statement looks like:

    =IF(quality(inputs....)="#VALUE!", 0, quality(inputs....))

    I can't figure out what to enter in the bold region. I've tried "error", error, #VALUE!, "#VALUE!" along with others. Any help?

  2. #2
    Nikki
    Guest

    RE: Error Checking

    You might be able to use ISerror(),

    =if(iserror(quality(inputs....)),0,quality(inputs....))