How do I auto-enter the creation date in footer of an Excel worksh

  1. #1
    Youngergirl44
    Guest

    How do I auto-enter the creation date in footer of an Excel worksh

    I know how to set up the current date to appear in the footer, that's simple.
    I'm looking for something like the "Insert Field" command in Word 2003 -
    where the date that appears is the creation, last saved or last printed date,
    not the current date. Is this possible?

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: How do I auto-enter the creation date in footer of an Excel worksh

    You must use code to do this

    See this page for a example
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#Saved

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: How do I auto-enter the creation date in footer of an Excel worksh

    View Menu
    Header and Footer
    Custom Footer..... date, day file name, whatever.

    S.

  4. #4
    Youngergirl44
    Guest

    Re: How do I auto-enter the creation date in footer of an Excel wo

    This looks like it should do the trick... I'm not familliar with the code
    side of Excel. How could I change your example to show a creation date
    instead of a last saved date?

  5. #5
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: How do I auto-enter the creation date in footer of an Excel wo

    Highlight this word "BuiltinDocumentProperties" in the VBA editor and press F1

    you see the that you can use "Creation Date"

    See also
    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/docprop.htm

  6. #6
    Youngergirl44
    Guest

    Re: How do I auto-enter the creation date in footer of an Excel wo

    That's it! Thanks for your help!