Replace Function:My Documents

  1. #1
    Autumn Dreams
    Guest

    Replace Function:My Documents

    When I use the Replace function to replace -06 with -07 (changing the year in
    each formula) and click Replace All, a window comes up "Update Values -06"
    and opens into My Documents. To get rid of it you have to click cancel for
    each formula highlighted and that would entail 240 times. How do I get past
    this?

  2. #2
    macropod
    Guest

    re: Replace Function:My Documents

    Hi Autumn Dreams,

    This sounds like you're changing a formula that links to an external file
    named "Update Values -06" and Excel can't find "Update Values -07" in the
    same folder. Does "Update Values -07"? In the same folder? If the answer in
    no to either of these, that's why you're getting the prompt.

    Cheers

    --
    macropod
    [MVP - Microsoft Word]

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    DerekB
    Guest

    re: Replace Function:My Documents

    If macropod is right, and you are effectively trying to link to a different
    external file for values, I suggest that you use Edit: Links to change the
    file references rather than Find: Replace.

    --
    DerekB

  4. #4
    macropod
    Guest

    re: Replace Function:My Documents

    Hi Derek,

    I suspect in this case the '07 workbook doesn't exist, or at least not in
    the same folder as the '06 workbook - otherwise (AFAIK) you wouldn't get the
    prompt. Using update links won't help either if the '07 workbook doesn't
    exist, though it will simplify the change if it does.

    Cheers

    --
    macropod
    [MVP - Microsoft Word]