survey

  1. #1
    Sherry
    Guest

    survey

    I want to create a survey with the option buttons to click. Is it possible to
    have the chosen option button to = 1 while the unchosen option button = 0
    and to have the 1's tally in a colum on page 2? I hope this question was
    clear?.?

  2. #2
    Paul Lautman
    Guest

    Re: survey

    Sherry wrote:
    > I want to create a survey with the option buttons to click. Is it
    > possible to have the chosen option button to = 1 while the unchosen
    > option button = 0 and to have the 1's tally in a colum on page 2? I
    > hope this question was clear?.?

    The answer is yes, but if you only want 1 or 0, wouldn't it be better to use
    check boxes?

  3. #3
    I've put an example on excelforum for you
    Attached Files Attached Files

  4. #4
    Forum Moderator davesexcel's Avatar
    Regina
    MS-Off Ver
    MS 365
    Posts
    13,474
    I can only get 1 or 2 out of the optionboxes, you can still tally them up though

    Here is another option

    A right click -check mark, paste this code into the worksheet module

    Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeRightClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean)
    Cancel = True

    If Union(Range("$A1:$A12"), Target).Address = Range("$A1:$A12").Address Then
    If Selection = "a" Then
    Selection.ClearContents

    Else
    With Selection.Font
    .Name = "Webdings"
    .Size = 10
    End With
    ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "a"

    now in another range you can enter a funtion like this
    =COUNTA(A1:A12,"a")

    Change the ranges as you require

    but for this example when you right click in the range A1:A12 a check mark appears or disappears

    the counta function will count the number of checkmarks in that range, then you can formulate the total to get a percentage

    Just an option!!
    Last edited by davesexcel; 05-20-2006 at 07:59 AM.

  5. #5

    Re: survey

    Debra Dalgleish has sample workbook using optionbuttons:
    http://www.contextures.com/xlform01.html

    Although, for just two options, I think a checkbox is more natural.

  6. #6
    Paul Lautman
    Guest

    Re: survey

    davesexcel wrote:
    > I can only get 1 or 2 out of the checkboxes, you can still tally them
    > up though

    I get TRUE or FALSE not 1 or 2. And if used in aritmatic, TRUE evaluates as
    1 and FALSE as 0

  7. #7
    Paul Lautman
    Guest

    Re: survey

    CaptainP wrote:
    > I've put an example on excelforum for you

    >> Filename: YesNo.zip |
    >> Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4793 |

    Since excelforum always posts invalid urls, the correct one for this example
    is:

    http://www.excelforum.com/attachment...3&d=1148120690