how can I display the file location (ie:C/mydocuments..)print

  1. #1
    medrvgc
    Guest

    how can I display the file location (ie:C/mydocuments..)print

    how can I display the file location (ie:C/mydocuments..) and have it print on
    my worksheet for future reference?

  2. #2
    tim m
    Guest

    RE: how can I display the file location (ie:C/mydocuments..)print

    File...page setup...customer footer (or header) ...then click the file path
    icon. It will print the file name and path for you.

  3. #3
    Sometimes I want to see the filename in a cell - not only in header or footer on print.

    I use this function

    =CELL("filnamn";$A$1)

    Sorry my version of Excel is in Swedish - please check help for exact way of writing in your language.

    This function give me this info in the cell

    L:\Lissu 2006\[Prislista.xls]Blad3

    Path - filename - sheet name

    Hope this helps!

    Lissu