Off by .10

  1. #1
    Richard
    Guest

    Off by .10

    I have a spreadsheet set up to ballance my checkbook. It's always off by
    exactly .10 cents every time I balance it. Why is that? Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    RE: Off by .10

    Since you didn't post more details or any of the formulas you're using...
    Here are a couple guesses:

    If you're importing or copying the values, perhaps some of the numbers have
    more than 2 decimal places of values. For example 100.004 would appear to be
    100.00. The cumulative effect totalling to 0.10

    or
    You really are off by 0.10 and need to find the variance.

    Does that help?
    ***********
    Regards,
    Ron

    XL2002, WinXP

  3. #3
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: Off by .10

    http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/pennyoff.html

    --
    Kind regards,

    Niek Otten

  4. #4

    Re: Off by .10

    If you're balancing your checkbook, I'm guessing you have a typo to be that far
    off.

    I'd recheck the data.

  5. #5

    Re: Off by .10

    ps, you meant 10 cents, right--not 1/10 of a cent???

  6. #6

    Re: Off by .10

    If you never correct it so that a month-end balances, every month
    thereafter will be off by that 10 cents. So, do you correct it and
    it's still generating a new 10 cent error? or did you never correct it?
    ed