how to use true or false conditions

  1. #1
    buff
    Guest

    how to use true or false conditions

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: how to use true or false conditions

    =IF(A1,"True","False")

    Bob Phillips

    "buff" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    "buff" <[email protected]> wrote:
    > Subject: how to use true or false conditions.

    (Sigh, I cannot post a reply to original article.)

    Netiquette commentary: A subject line alone is rarely sufficient to
    ask a question. Yours is a good example. You should add some
    text to explain your question (see speculation below). There are
    other reasons to repeat your question, at a minimum, in the body
    of your posting.

    I think the question you are asking is a fundamental one: how
    would you use the true and false parts (not "conditions") of an
    IF() function?

    If that is you question, consider the following example. In C1,
    you want one of the following values: if A1 is less than B1, then
    D1; otherwise if A1 is not less than B1, then E1. That can be
    written:

    =if(A1 < B1, D1, E1)

    HTH.