Excel Hyperlinks- cell content v. hyperlinks

  1. #1
    herpetafauna
    Guest

    Excel Hyperlinks- cell content v. hyperlinks

    I have a column containing company names. Each company name has the hyperlink
    address to the company website. This is shown in the ScreenTip when the
    mouse is hovered over the cell and may be individually obtained using 'edit
    hyperlink...'. I wish to change the cell content to the blue underlined
    hyperlink address and not the company name. What can I do?

  2. #2
    Bondi
    Guest

    Re: Excel Hyperlinks- cell content v. hyperlinks

    Hi,

    If your cell has the Hyperlink() formula then you can delete the
    Freindly_Name.

    =HYPERLINK("www.company.com","CompanyName")
    to just
    =HYPERLINK("www.company.com")

    Regards,
    Bondi

  3. #3
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: Excel Hyperlinks- cell content v. hyperlinks

    See http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm
    to extract the hyperlinkaddress with a function from object
    type hyperlinks (Ctrl+K).

    There is also one to extract from HYPERLINK Worksheet Function,
    but they would have to be explicit not derived from formulas.
    --
    HTH,

    "herpetafauna" <herpetafauna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3B977BCB-69BE-4F31-A1CD-C188BD99F50D@microsoft.com...
    > I have a column containing company names. Each company name has the hyperlink
    > address to the company website. This is shown in the ScreenTip when the
    > mouse is hovered over the cell and may be individually obtained using 'edit
    > hyperlink...'. I wish to change the cell content to the blue underlined
    > hyperlink address and not the company name. What can I do?

X vBulletin 4.1.8 Debug Information

  • Page Generation 0.05478 seconds
  • Memory Usage 8,860KB
  • Queries Executed 16 (?)
More Information
Template Usage (30):
  • (1)SHOWTHREAD
  • (1)ad_footer_end
  • (1)ad_footer_start
  • (1)ad_global_above_footer
  • (1)ad_global_below_navbar
  • (1)ad_global_header1
  • (1)ad_global_header2
  • (1)ad_navbar_below
  • (1)ad_showthread_firstpost_sig
  • (1)ad_showthread_firstpost_start
  • (1)ad_thread_first_post_content
  • (1)ad_thread_last_post_content
  • (1)footer
  • (1)forumrules
  • (1)gobutton
  • (1)header
  • (1)headinclude
  • (1)headinclude_bottom
  • (3)memberaction_dropdown
  • (1)navbar
  • (4)navbar_link
  • (4)navbar_noticebit
  • (6)option
  • (3)postbit_legacy
  • (3)postbit_wrapper
  • (4)showthread_bookmarksite
  • (1)spacer_close
  • (1)spacer_open
  • (1)tagbit_wrapper
  • (1)vbseo_linkbackmenu_entry

Phrase Groups Available (6):
  • global
  • inlinemod
  • postbit
  • posting
  • reputationlevel
  • showthread
Included Files (40):
  • ./vbseo.php
  • ./env.php
  • ./vbseo/includes/functions_vbseo.php
  • ./vbseo/includes/functions_vbseo_pre.php
  • ./vbseo/includes/functions_vbseo_url.php
  • ./vbseo/includes/functions_vbseo_createurl.php
  • ./vbseo/includes/functions_vbseo_db.php
  • ./vbseo/includes/functions_vbseo_vb.php
  • ./vbseo/includes/functions_vbseo_seo.php
  • ./vbseo/includes/functions_vbseo_misc.php
  • ./vbseo/includes/functions_vbseo_crr.php
  • ./vbseo/includes/functions_vbseo_cache.php
  • ./vbseo/includes/functions_vbseo_hook.php
  • ./vbseo/includes/functions_vbseo_startup.php
  • ./includes/config.php
  • ./showthread.php
  • ./global.php
  • ./includes/class_bootstrap.php
  • ./includes/init.php
  • ./includes/class_core.php
  • ./includes/functions.php
  • ./includes/class_friendly_url.php
  • ./includes/class_hook.php
  • ./includes/functions_cforum.php
  • ./includes/functions_facebook.php
  • ./includes/functions_bigthree.php
  • ./includes/class_postbit.php
  • ./includes/class_bbcode.php
  • ./includes/functions_reputation.php
  • ./includes/class_bootstrap_framework.php
  • ./vb/vb.php
  • ./vb/phrase.php
  • ./packages/vbattach/attach.php
  • ./vb/types.php