How do I include file name and path in the header?

  1. #1
    Matthew Connellan
    Guest

    How do I include file name and path in the header?

    Work uses 'autotext' to show this data. Does Excel have a similar function?

  2. #2
    Rae Drysdale
    Guest

    RE: How do I include file name and path in the header?

    Yes, in the header/footer go to custom and there you'll find a lot of options
    on the buttons. The 6th and 7th buttons are the ones you want. Hope this
    helps.
    --
    Rae Drysdale

  3. #3
    Matthew Connellan
    Guest

    RE: How do I include file name and path in the header?

    The sixth includes hte file name, but I want the whole network path. Word
    uses a field: {FILENAME /p} to automatically insert this info. Does Excel
    have a similar capability?

  4. #4

    Re: How do I include file name and path in the header?

    xl2002+ has the ability to include the full path in the header/footer.

    Before that, you can do it manually or by using a macro.

    John Walkenbach has a utility that can write that macro for you:
    http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/addpath.htm

  5. #5
    Matthew Connellan
    Guest

    Re: How do I include file name and path in the header?

    That is the answer I was looking for. I am using version 2000 and the add-in
    works perfectly.

    Thanks for the help ... Matt