ALT+ENTER = line break

  1. #1
    Nyla
    Guest

    ALT+ENTER = line break

    What can cause the ALT+ENTER to NOT insert a line break? This usually always
    works, but when I tried it at one point today it didn't work. I went to a
    different cell and it worked, but the one certain cell would not accept the
    ALT+ENTER to insert a line break? Is there a format or something that might
    cause this?

  2. #2
    Miguel Zapico
    Guest

    RE: ALT+ENTER = line break

    One thing you may check if the wrap text option (format->Cells->Aligment
    tab). It has to be checked to show the line break in place; it shouldn't
    affect the insert, but it may be worth to try.

    Hope this helps,
    Miguel.

  3. #3
    Nyla
    Guest

    RE: ALT+ENTER = line break

    Miguel,

    Didn't work. Thanks for trying to help me.

    Nyla

  4. #4
    Miguel Zapico
    Guest

    RE: ALT+ENTER = line break

    You are welcome,

    It is hard to replicate a problem like that, you are right when you say that
    this usually always works.

    Miguel.

  5. #5
    Connecticut
    Did you try copying the format of a cell that works to the cell of interest that does not work with the ALT+Enter?

    plettieri

  6. #6
    Nyla
    Guest

    Re: ALT+ENTER = line break

    Actually, I closed the file and then re-opened it and the ALT+ENTER worked!!
    I just couldn't figure out why those few cells wouldn't work -- Yes, there
    were more than one! -- and it did seem to be mostly in one column. I even
    re-formatted the column, just to make sure the cells were all the same and,
    still, some worked and some didn't!! Very bizarre!

    They all work now -- after closing and re-opening the file -- so I guess
    I'll never know!!

    Thanks to both you and Miguel for trying to help me!! I appreciate it!