Compunding Interest

  1. #1
    Ed O'Brien
    Guest

    Compunding Interest

    I have had to give up trying to do this myself.

    I have a total of £2000 in cell 2A.
    The monthly net interest is 0.02% in cell 2B
    The number of periods is 12 in cell 2C
    I want the total compound interest over the 12 periods to appear in cell 2D

    Can anyone show me what formula achieves this?

    TIA

    Ed

  2. #2
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: Compunding Interest

    Hi Ed
    in cell D2 enter
    =A2*(1+B2)^12-A2

    --
    Regards

    Roger Govier

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Ed O'Brien
    Guest

    Re: Compunding Interest

    Thanks, Roger.

    Works a treat!

    Best wishes,

    Ed

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4

    Re: Compunding Interest

    Ed O'Brien wrote:
    > I have a total of =A32000 in cell 2A.
    > The monthly net interest is 0.02% in cell 2B
    > The number of periods is 12 in cell 2C
    > I want the total compound interest over the 12 periods to appear in cell =

    2D

    =3DFV(B2, C2,, -A2) - A2