Selecting cells containing less than two words

  1. #1

    Selecting cells containing less than two words

    Hi,

    I have a column of cells, each of which contains some text. I'd like to be able to select only the cells which have less than two words in them. Is there a quick way for me to do this?

    Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

  2. #2
    Larry S
    Guest

    Re: Selecting cells containing less than two words

    Not sure if this will work for you....

    First I make the assumption the ONLY spaces in the cell would be a SINGLE
    space between the words. If that is the case, you will need to do some logic
    to make this happen and will need to us and unused column, but using the
    FIND and RIGHT functions, you should be able to count the blanks (FIND the
    first, strip off everything from the left THROUGH the blank using the RIGHT
    function, then FIND again - if none, record a 1, if another is found record
    a 2 (beyond 2 you don't care). Now wort the column which will group all the
    1's.

    Not sure if this will work as the assumption may be unacceptable for your
    data.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    great, that worked nicely. thanks!