How to rename references from range names to cell references

  1. #1
    Abbas
    Guest

    How to rename references from range names to cell references

    I am working with files with defined range names. These name ranges refer to
    on cell only. I want to change all formulae in the file: change range name
    back to cell reference (so I can delete the range names).

    E.g. cell $A$42 is called range "ip_con" - there is a formula in cell b99
    that says "=ip_con +200". I want the formula to say "=$A$42+200".
    Obviously, there are a lot of these references, so looking them by manually
    is NOT an option.

    Any help would be appreciated!!!!

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: How to rename references from range names to cell references

    I don't know that it does do that, but it sounds the sort of thing that Jan
    Karel Pieterse' NameManager addin
    http://www.jkp-ads.com/OfficeMarketPlaceNM-EN.asp does. Give it a try.

    Bob Phillips

    (replace xxxx in email address with googlemail if mailing direct)

    news:[email protected]...