Event trigger in Excel?

  1. #1
    Tim Miller
    Guest

    Event trigger in Excel?

    I have 2 columns. Column 1 is text. Column 2 says: =IF(A1="","",Today()).
    So if column 1 has data, column 2 gets today's date.

    Question: Is there a way to have column 2 update itself based on a change
    to column 1. My preference is that column 2 sets itself to the date an
    update was made, and then changes ONLY when another update is made. I can
    do it easy enough in Access with an event trigger and some simple VB, but
    not sure if the same can be accomplished.

    If there is a way to do this, can someone point me in the right direction?

    Thanks
    Tim

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom