Merging multiple workbooks into one master workbook

  1. #1

    Merging multiple workbooks into one master workbook

    How do I merge/link (if that is the correct term) 6 individual
    workbooks into one master workbook? Each workbook including the master
    has the same columns but different number of rows. I've read through
    alot of the newsgroup postings, did searches online as well as bought a
    book to figure this out, but is there a way to do this without having
    advanced programming knowledge, which I don't have?

    Each individual workbook is for each employee, password protected on
    the public drive. Instead of having to go into each workbook, I want
    to create a master workbook that can either merge/consolidate all
    information from these 6 workbooks (only one worksheet per workbook)
    into one worksheet in the master workbook, OR merge/consolidate each
    workbook into the master workbook with 6 worksheet. Given that this is
    sales data, each workbook content will vary.

    Any specific step by step will be helpful. Thank you!

  2. #2
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: Merging multiple workbooks into one master workbook

    Hi

    Take a look at Ron de Bruin's site for some excellent code examples to
    achieve this.
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/summary2.htm

    --
    Regards

    Roger Govier

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: Merging multiple workbooks into one master workbook

    Thanks! I'm not good at code at all, is this the only option?