How do I insert the date modified in a spreadsheet footer?

  1. #1
    cnadwodny
    Guest

    How do I insert the date modified in a spreadsheet footer?

    I'm trying to create an Excel report footer that contains the date that the
    file was last modified. Does anyone have any suggestions?

  2. #2
    galimi
    Guest

    RE: How do I insert the date modified in a spreadsheet footer?

    Using a small amount of code that includes references to the File System
    Object, you can have this done automatically for your spreadsheets.
    --
    http://HelpExcel.com
    1-888-INGENIO

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: How do I insert the date modified in a spreadsheet footer?

    ActiveSheet.PageSetup.LeftFooter = _
    ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties("last save time")
    End Sub

    'This is workbook event code.

    Bob Phillips

    (replace somewhere in email address with googlemail if mailing direct)

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    cnadwodny
    Guest

    RE: How do I insert the date modified in a spreadsheet footer?

    Yes, thanks.
    However, I was hoping that I could gain access to the solution without
    paying for it.

  5. #5
    cnadwodny
    Guest

    Re: How do I insert the date modified in a spreadsheet footer?

    Thanks, Bob. This should work just fine.

    One additional question, if I may. Assuming this coding will work for other
    BuiltIn Document Properties, (i.e., date file was created), do you know how
    to obtain a list of these properties?

    Thanks again for your help.

  6. #6
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: How do I insert the date modified in a spreadsheet footer?

    Have a look at BuiltinDocumentProperties in VBA help

  7. #7
    cnadwodny
    Guest

    Re: How do I insert the date modified in a spreadsheet footer?

    Great. Found it. Thanks for your help.