Exact Copy

  1. #1
    Saxman
    Guest

    Exact Copy

    If I type for example, '5/2' in a cell formatted as text, how can I
    simultaneously make a duplicate of this data in another cell?

    TIA

  2. #2
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Exact Copy

    You can use a link =sheet1!a2 or a worksheet_change event

    if target.column<>2 then exit sub
    target.offset(0,4).value=target

    --
    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Saxman
    Guest

    Re: Exact Copy

    "Don Guillett" <[email protected]> wrote in news:e5g5f1BgGHA.1324
    @TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl:

    > You can use a link =sheet1!a2 or a worksheet_change event

    This does not appear to work on the same workssheet? Maybe I should have
    stated that?

  4. #4
    Saxman
    Guest

    Re: Exact Copy

    "Don Guillett" <[email protected]> wrote in news:e5g5f1BgGHA.1324
    @TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl:

    > You can use a link =sheet1!a2 or a worksheet_change event
    >
    > if target.column<>2 then exit sub
    > target.offset(0,4).value=target

    I got it. I just couldn't think today! =A2 and format the cells to
    General.