Removing blanks / sorting - common methods not applicable

  1. #1

    Exclamation Removing blanks / sorting - common methods not applicable

    I know several ways to remove blank cells, however none really works here.

    Autofilter doesn't work because I need a dynamic method

    =IF(ROW()-ROW(NoBlanksRange)+1>ROWS(BlanksRange)-
    COUNTBLANK(BlanksRange),"",INDIRECT(ADDRESS(SMALL(
    (IF(BlanksRange<>"",ROW(BlanksRange),ROW()+ROWS(BlanksRange))),
    ROW()-ROW(NoBlanksRange)+1),COLUMN(BlanksRange),4)))

    ...doesn't work either because it doesn't consider the sorting.

    In the attached file: The number 40658 has certain dates assigned to it.
    If aboves methode is being used, the dates are all messed up.
    (Autofilter would do the trick , but its not dynamic)

    How do I dynamically remove the blank cells/rows and keep the sorting intact?
    Attached Files Attached Files

  2. #2
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    Re: Removing blanks / sorting - common methods not applicable

    I've done it with VBA, but I don't have it available here. Maybe someone
    else can assist.
    news:[email protected]...