Reading last cell

  1. #1

    Reading last cell

    Can someone please help, I want to make a summary sheet that reads the contents of the last cell used in a column on another sheet. The cell i want to read keeps moving down a column as data is inputed in the workbook.
    I know how to read the cell number but i need to read the contents.

    This has been driving me crazy, Thank you

  2. #2
    Forum Contributor
    Ohio, USA
    use activecell.value

    To find it in one step

    use variablename = selection.end(xldown).value

  3. #3
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: Reading last cell

    For the value of the last cell in column A:

    =LOOKUP(2,1/(A1:A65535>0),A1:A65535)

    unless A65536 is also populated
    --
    Gary's Student