How to change #DIV/0! result for an entire worksheet ?

  1. #1
    LG
    Guest

    How to change #DIV/0! result for an entire worksheet ?

    The worksheet I created has many forumlas where the 'divisor' can be zero.
    The formulae are long and complicated with nested functions. So, I don't
    want to add the If statement for a zero divisor to each cell that can result
    in a DIV/0.
    Is there a way that I can for an entire spread sheet at once modify the
    result from DIV/0 to blank?

  2. #2
    DarkByte
    Guest

    RE: How to change #DIV/0! result for an entire worksheet ?

    Use number formatting

    like : 0.00,,,""
    or General,,,""

  3. #3

    Re: How to change #DIV/0! result for an entire worksheet ?

    Maybe you can use format|conditional format to hide the error (white font on
    white fill)???

    =iserror(a1)
    would be how I'd use that conditional format formula (for A1)

  4. #4

    Re: How to change #DIV/0! result for an entire worksheet ?

    Did that really work for you?

  5. #5
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: How to change #DIV/0! result for an entire worksheet ?

    LG

    Can you use a macro?

    Select all cells in question and run the macro.

    Sub ErrorTrapAdd()
    Dim myStr As String
    Dim cel As Range
    For Each cel In Selection
    If cel.HasFormula = True Then
    If Not cel.Formula Like "=IF(ISERROR*" Then
    myStr = Right(cel.Formula, Len(cel.Formula) - 1)
    cel.Value = "=IF(ISERROR(" & myStr & "),""""," & myStr & ")"
    Next
    End Sub

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP