How do I copy the print settings, including header and footer fro.

  1. #1
    bruce
    Guest

    How do I copy the print settings, including header and footer fro.

    How do you copy pint setting from one tab or spreadsheet to another including
    the header and footer settings?

    Thanks, Bruce

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: How do I copy the print settings, including header and footer fro.

    Bruce

    Right-click on first sheet tab and "select all sheets".

    Do your page setup on active sheet and it will be done to all sheets.

    If first sheet already has the settings you want, just do the File>Page Setup
    and OK.

    Settings will be transferred to other sheets.

    Note: you cannot set print range and rows to repeat at top.

    To do that requires VBA code.

    DO NOT FORGET to ungroup the sheets when Page Setup is complete.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP

  3. #3
    RagDyeR
    Guest

    Re: How do I copy the print settings, including header and footer fro.

    Set up one of your sheets with all the settings that you wish.

    Then, hold <Ctrl>, and click on the tabs of the other sheets that you wish
    to have the same settings.

    What you've done is "Group" the sheets, and you will see this (Group) in the
    title bar.
    The tabs will be white, with the "master" sheet in bold.

    Now, just
    <File> <PageSetUp> <OK>
    And you're done.

    Make sure that the already formatted (master) sheet is in bold (in focus),
    since this procedure will overwrite the settings of the other sheets, and if
    you accidentally chose a non-formatted sheet as the focus sheet, it would
    overwrite (erase) the settings that you set-up on your main (master) sheet.

    And finally, make sure you "Ungroup" when you're finished by either right
    clicking in a tab and click on "ungroup", or click in one of the tabs of an
    unselected sheet.

    --

    HTH,

    RD

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Guus
    Guest

    Re: How do I copy the print settings, including header and footer

    Gord,
    You made a passing reference to a situation I am experiencing. I believe
    that in past I could group tabs and then specify that a 'standard' title row
    or rows be repeated on every page bring printed.
    Now for some reason, while I can see the dialogue box in the 'sheet' tab of
    the 'setup' dialogue, Excel won't let me use it.
    It appears that my only option is to do my many tabs 'one at a time', but
    even on a one-by-one basis the dialogue box no longer appears to work. It is
    as if by setting some common print features for a group of tabs I have locked
    myself out of the header row functionality of Excel.
    Your message implies that Visual Basic coding is one way out of this jam.
    Am I correct in inferring this to be so? Also, if yes, where would you
    suggest I go to look for a simple 'how to' for the situation at hand?
    Thank you.
    Regards,
    Guus S.

  5. #5
    Gord Dibben

    On Fri, 26 May 2006 08:31:03 -0700, Guus <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Gord,
    >You made a passing reference to a situation I am experiencing. I believe
    >that in past I could group tabs and then specify that a 'standard' title row
    >or rows be repeated on every page bring printed.

    Not in any version of Excel I have used from 5.0 through 2003........

    >Now for some reason, while I can see the dialogue box in the 'sheet' tab of
    >the 'setup' dialogue, Excel won't let me use it.
    >It appears that my only option is to do my many tabs 'one at a time', but
    >even on a one-by-one basis the dialogue box no longer appears to work. It is
    >as if by setting some common print features for a group of tabs I have locked
    >myself out of the header row functionality of Excel.
    >Your message implies that Visual Basic coding is one way out of this jam.
    >Am I correct in inferring this to be so? Also, if yes, where would you
    >suggest I go to look for a simple 'how to' for the situation at hand?

    Macro from Dave Peterson..........

    Option Explicit
    Sub testme()
    Dim wks As Worksheet
    For Each wks In ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets
    wks.PageSetup.PrintTitleRows = "$1:$11"
    ' adjust range to suit
    Next wks
    End Sub

    First, select the sheets that you want (click on the first tab and ctrl/shift
    click on subsequent), then run that macro.

    Then remember to ungroup those selected sheets.

    Gord

    >Thank you.
    >Regards,
    >Guus S.
    >
    >"Gord Dibben" wrote:
    >
    >> Bruce
    >>
    >> Right-click on first sheet tab and "select all sheets".
    >>
    >> Do your page setup on active sheet and it will be done to all sheets.
    >>
    >> If first sheet already has the settings you want, just do the File>Page Setup
    >> and OK.
    >>
    >> Settings will be transferred to other sheets.
    >>
    >> Note: you cannot set print range and rows to repeat at top.
    >>
    >> To do that requires VBA code.
    >>
    >> DO NOT FORGET to ungroup the sheets when Page Setup is complete.
    >>

    >> Gord Dibben Excel MVP
    >>
    >> On Sat, 16 Apr 2005 13:24:01 -0700, "bruce" <[email protected]>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >How do you copy pint setting from one tab or spreadsheet to another including
    >> >the header and footer settings?
    >> >
    >> >Thanks, Bruce

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP