WANT AMOUNT IN C6-C100 TO = C3(550)

  1. #1
    ciara
    Guest

    WANT AMOUNT IN C6-C100 TO = C3(550)

    i have 550 tickets to be sold which are represented by c3. all tickets sold
    are been recorded in this sheet. I have just sold thirty tickets and it is
    recorded in c6. I want excel to tell me how many tickets i have left to sell
    after i enter how many i have just sold.

  2. #2
    Pete_UK
    Guest

    Re: WANT AMOUNT IN C6-C100 TO = C3(550)

    Try this formula:

    =C3 - SUM(C6:C100)

    assuming you will put numbers of tickets sold each day in the range C6
    to C100.

    Hope this helps.

    Pete

  3. #3
    ciara
    Guest

    Re: WANT AMOUNT IN C6-C100 TO = C3(550)

    Hi Pete, thank you for your help. I tried this method and when i put it in it
    asks for row,sum,height,width and when i enter these it says it cant do the
    formula. Am i doing something wrong?
    Ciara