Show actual e-mail address in hyperlink in Excel

  1. #1
    Jens
    Guest

    Show actual e-mail address in hyperlink in Excel

    I have spend many hours searching for an easy way of changing a columb
    where the visible text is "e-mail" and it's a hyperling to some e-mail
    addresses, that I can see if I move the curser over the cells. I have
    found some solutions concerning macros but as I'm not used to working
    with macros, this seems very difficult for me!
    Anybody have an idea?
    Maybe I need to buy a small programme, or is it free ware?
    br/Jens

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Show actual e-mail address in hyperlink in Excel

    Try this one with the e-mail links in column A
    It show you the mail address in column B

    Sub test()
    Dim hlnk As Hyperlink
    For Each hlnk In ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks
    hlnk.Parent.Offset(0, 1).Value = Right(hlnk.Address, Len(hlnk.Address) - 7)
    Next

    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  3. #3
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Show actual e-mail address in hyperlink in Excel

    Oops

    This one look only in column A

    Sub test()
    Dim hlnk As Hyperlink
    For Each hlnk In Columns("A").Hyperlinks

  4. #4
    JimMay
    Guest

    Re: Show actual e-mail address in hyperlink in Excel

    Back up your file before attempting this, but

    With your sheet - the active sheet - Press Alt+F11 (the function key)
    This will open the VBE Environment window - at the menu Veiw, select
    Immediate Window, type in:

    Application.Activesheet.hyperlinks.delete

    And press the enter key.

    All your hyperlinks should disappear.

    HTH
    Jim May

  5. #5
    JimMay
    Guest

    Re: Show actual e-mail address in hyperlink in Excel

    Sorry, but JUST for Column A: enter

    Application.Activesheet.columns(1).hyperlinks.delete

  6. #6
    Jens
    Guest

    Re: Show actual e-mail address in hyperlink in Excel

    Hi Jim,
    Yes it works, but it only removes the hyperlinks (and I actually still
    want them) - I want to see the actual addresses - now all that I see is
    the text that was there also before "E-MAIL"
    br/Jens

  7. #7
    Jens
    Guest

    Re: Show actual e-mail address in hyperlink in Excel

    Hi Ron,
    Thanks!
    I have never actually worked in VBE, but just tried my way, adn puff
    the magic was doen and I have opened all the addresses!
    Thanks again!
    br/Jens

  8. #8
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Show actual e-mail address in hyperlink in Excel

    Try my example Jens

  9. #9
    JimMay
    Guest

    Re: Show actual e-mail address in hyperlink in Excel

    Jens;
    Obviously, I misunderstood your request.
    It would be best if you follow Ron's suggestion.
    Jim