Getting values from a Pivot table

  1. #1

    Getting values from a Pivot table

    I've got two pivot tables.

    One has all the fees earned for services for customers.
    The other has all the payments received from a customer.

    The pivot tables are normally sorted by customer, so I can pull up
    customer JSMITH in each table and it will extract JSMITH's fees in the
    left pivot table and JSMITH's payments in the right.

    Now its quite simple creating an invoice for one customer. Print out
    each Pivot Table to give a report of all the fees and all of the
    payments, and then you bill them for [fees] less [payments received].

    But I want to do this in a more systematic way, I'd actually like to be
    able to generate a kind of form letter where an invoice is printed for
    each customer, the front page has the customer's billing details and an
    invoice amount which is the grand total from the fees pivot table minus
    the grand table from the other pivot table, the second page lists all
    the fees, the third page lists all the payments.

    Any suggestions?

    Travis

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Getting values from a Pivot table

    You can use the GetPivotData function to pull data for the selected
    customer. There's information in Excel's Help, and here:

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Contextures